john deere 2010

deere john

I can only get me john deere 2010 to run smooth when I pull the choke out a bit. Even then, it does not sound great. What might the problem be?
I have already taken the carberator off and tried to adjust the float to decrease the amount of gas in the carberator. What should I try?

Mith

You probably have some sort of fuel block.
If it only runs well with the choke out a little bit then that would indicate a lack of fuel.

Welcome to the site

irwin

Sounds like the carb needs an overhaul, or at least clean the jets..as Mith said you have a blockage somewhere, Most likely it's the carb. jet(s).

deere john

Thanks for your help. Where do you find the carberator jets on a 2010?
Also the tractor runs well the first 5-10 seconds before it starts hesitating.

Mith

You might have a restriction in the fuel line, maybe a clogged filter, if it runs well for a few seconds before acting up.
I cant help you on the jets.

Mark777

Welcome deere john,

I believe the ‘jets’ are viewable once the float is removed at the base of the carb.

IMO, if it runs rough with the choke partially closed….and keeps running, then you have dirt or debris blocking the main jet.

I have had great success (lately) with non-serviceable style carbureators by removing them, removing the bowl, float and needle and spraying **Brake Clean solvent FIRST (keep away from painted surfaces and remove the rubber bowl gasket!). Every mechanic I‘ve talked to lately, has complained about the effects of ethanol additives in our gasoline, and how they interact with moisture (h2o) and produce a syrupy gel that hinders fuel flow, clogs smaller fuel lines (like chain saws) and eventually block the fuel from flowing freely to the needle and seat.

I just finished my Murray lawn tractor, Husquvarna chain saw and Bolens RAT (rolling articulated string trimmer) using the above method. Three different styles and brands of engines, and even though I used fuel stabilizer, the ’snotty’ junk was deteced in all the pieces of equipment.

This is just a suggestion, but if you have space to install a high grade, viewable, in line fuel filter you can monitor the rates of fuel consumption. Watching the filter fill-rate while the tractor is running, often shows immediately any differences in flow to your carbureator. And in certain situations, if the fuel filter empties, or cant keep up, then you know you have a fuel flow problem up stream like a collapsed fuel line or trash in the tank.

**Brake Clean solvents are under much higher pressures than carb-spray. Be sure to remove rubber “O” rings from the fuel bowl as Brake Clean tends to stretch the material…permanently.

Mark

SPYDERLK

I can only get me john deere 2010 to run smooth when I pull the choke out a bit. Even then, it does not sound great. What might the problem be?
I have already taken the carberator off and tried to adjust the float to [[[decrease]]] the amount of gas in the carberator. What should I try?
Why decrease?? Seems youre lean not rich. There is a brass screw exiting the bottom of the float bowl at an angle. Ccw will richen the mixture. A couple things 1st... Seems from a subsequent post that you are not able to feed fuel fast enuf from the tank. Try cleaning the glass sediment bowl. There may be water in it - when too much it will obstruct gas flow and some water will pass to the carb. While there test that you have good flow from the tank petcock.
After this, Before changing anything on the carb, try running the tractor at hi idle and then slamming the choke full closed. This can suck water thru the main jet if theres a little in the float bowl obstructing the gas metering. I have found that quite effective if no more water is coming down the fuel line.
larry