2023 5100E cab is hot as. Hell in Texas

5100E 5083E

I messed up and bought a new 5100E cab tractor. I have owned it maybe 4 months . The A/C is inadequate I have had service come out no problem found . I used it 3 hrs yesterday 2:30 to 5:30 mowing light weeds . It was 101 degrees outside it was 98 degrees inside yes like an oven service finds no problem . I am P.O.ed to the max. Any one out there on a 5100E ? How does it cool?

5100E 5083E

I forgot to mention it’s got 65 hours on it problem started at around 50 hours . I also made the first payment before it was ever delivered to me .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Seems like a problem that should be ran up the JD management chain. Ridiculous.
This extreme heat is playing havoc with a lot of us but A/C should be able to keep the temp at least 15 degrees cooler than outside temp.
At 101 that is only 86 but still that's is a whole lot better than 98.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's unacceptable !! I'm curious if it will even blow cold air in the shade. Regardless though this is something that has to be pursued or the company will let you get forgotten. Please keep us informed.

5100E 5083E

This extreme heat is playing havoc with a lot of us but A/C should be able to keep the temp at least 15 degrees cooler than outside temp.
I appreciate your thoughts and comments. Untied ag & turf took over our JD dealership and they flat out Suck goddamn incompetent technicians, that don’t even own a tractor. But think they can fix one . He told me it got down to 54 degrees it works fine just lied to go home. I had it running 2 hrs before he got there an it never got to 75 in the vent

5100E 5083E

Our United ag & turf dealer ship is the FN worst I have ever tried to deal with I bought my first JD 5300 at prater JD in 1995 12 yrs later I bought a 5025 Kept it 12 year’s traded it for a 5083 E in 2010 I still own it today .

Then I fucked up and bought a 2023 JD 5100E biggest piece crap I ever unloaded off a trailer. Just a steaming pile shit can’t cool the damn cab to 80 degrees burning up hot . I am one pissed off customer. $102,000 dollars with down payment and interest $1280.00 per month . And it can’t cool the damn CAB under 99.09 degrees when 101 degrees outside .

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I read online about the heater/ hose causing a problem similar to this. I can't say I know though because I don't. I'll do some more research and see if I can find anything else. It sounds like it could be time for a lawyer or talk to these jerks about making you happy with a trade in your favor.
I'll also add to watch that DEF mess. We hate them and they will cause even more grief if the cycle isn't completed .. Last repair cost us around 3900 if I remember right. Mechanic from JD is 200 an hour. And parts$ are crazy including over 50$ for a tiny plastic L fitting for the deft breather hose end. If you don't have the JD computer, you can't work on them hardly at all

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I sent you a pm with a link to the information I found concerning the heater hose and how to test the heater control valve by clamping it.

Reactions: Doc

5100E 5083E

I sent you a pm with a link to the information I found concerning the heater hose and how to test the heater control valve by clamping it.
Thanks Sir I was thinking along the same lines. I only have 65 hrs on it. When I first got it the A/C worked adequately . But it soon started not being cold enough and then down to too Damn hot after working it a few hours . Actually working better at idle than at 2000 rpm’s moving. That doesn’t make sense