2009 RTV 1100 Water in fuel

Keep finding water in the fuel, not sure how its getting in there yet. Wanted to ask the group if there were any known places where water could leak in? I've checked the cap over and I'm kind of out of ideas. Drained the whole system twice, installed an electric pump and filter/water separator. Thanks

Where do you get your diesel from? How much is in there?
2 different fuel stations so far. I thought the first time I had water in the fuel that it was probably from the gas station, but now that its happened twice I'm kinda wondering if the water is getting in through the tank or lines.

Junkman

Administrator
Check the containers that you are using for residual water at the bottom. If you live in a humid area, you might get condensation inside the tank. If that is the source of the moisture, then fill the tank when you are finished using the tractor, and always keep your storage containers tightly sealed. If you suspect the fuel cap, put a piece of Saran Wrap under the cap before you put the cap back on during storage. You will need to remove it before using the tractor so the tank can breathe. Last thought it might be one of your neighbors putting water into the fuel tank for some perceived misdeed you might have done in the past. I hope that isn't likely, but I know it happened before.