Kubota V-Plow

Tom B

Question -

Is the Kubota V-Plow a rebranded Boss unit? Has anyone here bought one in the last few years? If so, can you share what they cost? PM is fine if you don't want to publish the price.

Thanks

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Question -

Is the Kubota V-Plow a rebranded Boss unit? Has anyone here bought one in the last few years? If so, can you share what they cost? PM is fine if you don't want to publish the price.

Thanks

I have a kubota V plow. Price installed was a little over 5000 a couple of years ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 440

BaiJiu

When your plow cost more then 25% of total RTV cost, then you have some serious choices to make. Almost always cheaper to have some one else plow for you, no maintenance or insurance cost. Then every situation is different, go with what works for you. I'm a real sucker for managing my own stuff.

DwRam

Site Supporter
Question -

Thanks

I don't believe the Kubota plow is a Boss. I bought the Boss V-blade on the recommendation of my Kubota dealer. He indicated the Boss blade was better. I have not used a Kubota blade so I don't know if that's true. My Boss blade installed with light kit and rubber deflector was around $3900. Have only had it since December. But I'm really glad I got it. It's got a lot of use this season.
You can see some pictures in my album.

ccmdvl1960

I believe the Kubota V-Plow uses the RTV's hydraulics for up/down/angling whereas the Boss V-Plow (and straight plow) use a self-contained electric/hydraulic set up like a pick-up truck would use. The shape of the moldboard between the two plows is drastically different.

Tom B

I don't believe the Kubota plow is a Boss. I bought the Boss V-blade on the recommendation of my Kubota dealer. He indicated the Boss blade was better. I have not used a Kubota blade so I don't know if that's true. My Boss blade installed with light kit and rubber deflector was around $3900. Have only had it since December. But I'm really glad I got it. It's got a lot of use this season.

Did you buy the "Smart Hitch"?

Thanks

Tom B

I believe the Kubota V-Plow uses the RTV's hydraulics for up/down/angling whereas the Boss V-Plow (and straight plow) use a self-contained electric/hydraulic set up like a pick-up truck would use. The shape of the moldboard between the two plows is drastically different.

Thanks for the information. After looking at the pictures online they do look different.

BaiJiu

That is a nice set up, love to have one.

Tom B

One more question - how do you like the V-Blade? can you make a comparison to a straight blade?

razerface

they are different plows. I own the Boss V. I love that thing. It is one tough plow! The big difference over the kubota, is the Boss is "self contained". There are no hydraulic lines to hook to your rtv, just plug in the power and go.

This means you do not have to run hyd lines to the front on your machine too, and I can still use my dump bed while plowing.

It takes me maybe 2 minutes to hook up the boss, if I run my mouth to someone while doing it. I believe the Boss is cheaper too.

The V was used this winter. When you need to get thru heavy deep snow,, the V lets you hit it and stay straight down the road or path. A straight blade pushes you to one side if the pushing gets tough. A V blade is a straight blade whenever you want it to be also,,,but a straight blade cannot become a V

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have the kubota plow and can use the dump bed while plowing. No idea which is better I went with what my dealer recommended also. About a 5 minute hook up. I liked that this set up used the rtv's pump. Seems like most here have the boss and are happy. I am in tennessee and plow doesn't get much use

DwRam

Site Supporter
One more question - how do you like the V-Blade? can you make a comparison to a straight blade?

First the question did I buy a smart hitch? The dealer showed me how to remove and install the blade on a unit they have in stock. Looked really easy. Lower the blade, flip a couple locks pull a couple pins, disconnect electric plug, back away. I think that was everything. Because they installed mine after that day. Delivered it and I've been pushing snow ever since. But he didn't call it a smart hitch. So it might be. I'll find out for myself when this snow stops falling. And I remove it for the season. We'll see how "smart" I am getting it unhitched. :confused2:

How do I like the v-blade? razerface summed it up pretty well. I'm also pleased with how well it will lift and pile snow while in the outward V mode as opposed to the inward /\ mode. As the snow pile has packed and hardened. I've actually pushed snow up the side and dumped it over the top of the pile. Would a front end loader do better, you bet. But without to much effort this V-blade will stack up some pretty good piles. Plus just having the infinite angle settings for left and right halves comes in handy for working around obstacles, walls, plants and such.
So I'm not knocking anyone's plow, shape, size or color. Because whatever you have it sure beats shoveling by hand. I'm just very thankful I have the Kubota and the Boss V-Blade. :myopinion:

:letitsnow:

Kanook

For what it's worth...if and when I ever decide to replace my RTV/Blizzard combination, I would most definitely go with a quality built articulating V-blade...so much more versatile.

pop58

I will also go with a V blade Kanook. I am putting Camoplast tracks on the RTV and im not sure which blade will work best with the tracks. Have to wait and see and do some measuring.

jonathanwlewis

Hello all! I bought the v blade in February. I
I've in Missouri and got it delivered the day before a huge snow. I used it quite a bit and didn't notice any issues. I also got the quick hitch attachment for it. I really like the control mechanism. But watch where your dealer mounts the cable coming out of there. The holes that are there for the cable can sometimes pinch the cable putting one of the hydraulic pistons to the forward v position.

Matt

Hello all! I bought the v blade in February. I I've in Missouri and got it delivered the day before a huge snow. I used it quite a bit and didn't notice any issues. I also got the quick hitch attachment for it. I really like the control mechanism. But watch where your dealer mounts the cable coming out of there. The holes that are there for the cable can sometimes pinch the cable putting one of the hydraulic pistons to the forward v position.

Do you have any pics to share, I will be in the market to add a plow sometime between now and winter.

Thanks!

628pm

Site Supporter
I can't wait until I get one, I will probably go with the boss v plow since it is self contained, don't know of any other item I would put on the front that would need hyd lines. Both the kubota and boss look great when you don't have either. But I do have a b2620 with a fel. Bought the rtv x900 to stay out of the cold during snow pushing.

Good info in this topic.