WAI

J

johnday

Wild ass idea that is. I've got a Yamaha Rhino with a winch/snowblade setup. Just thinking about how to adapt a snowblower to the blade mount. I'd have to use a self powered one, with a gas engine I'd think. Looking at
Jakes photos gave me this idea. Upnorth, we just get too much snow for the Rhino and blade, that's what my TC is used for. But, with a setup on the Rhino it might just be useful for more than just driving the trails, although that was what I originally bought it for.

Anyone have any suggestions?Don't have time to do it now, but next winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?:letitsnow::tiphat::beer::beer:

Erik

there should be a way to fab up a mounting bracket for the blower that would fit the mounting bracket for the blade--that way you could adjust depth at need for trail grooming.
take a look at how the blade attaches and see if you can make a matching one that could be bolted to the blower?

J

johnday

Could be done aye. Would it not make the steering somewhat heavy though?
A bit heavy on the steering is no big deal to a Scot like myself Jim.:poke:

But yeah, you're right. Now if I could just find a power steering unit. Oh geez, here I go, just like that TPH counter weight thing I tried to build, eh?:whistle::tiphat::beer::beer:

Mith

Well I didnt want to mention your previous 'success' there John :eek: (ouch) :D

You could have gauge wheels (castors) on the sides of the blower, so that the weight of the blower is supported on those instead of the steering front wheels. Save digging up any gravel/grass too.

(I'll admit, I've never used or even seen a snow blower (hey, its been a while since I've seen snow), but I figure they are quite heavy)

J

johnday

Yeah, gauge wheels, casters, maybe even skids. The blade I have on it now is a 5 footer, wide enough to clear a path for the Rhino with the blade angled far left or right. With that in mind, the blower wouldn't need to be angled, thereby saving a bit of weight by not needing to be as wide. Maybe a 4 footer with wings.
I've got plenty of time before next winter to possibly figure something out. As it is, I can't even see my welder in the garage right now, so much crap from the house out there due to us moving soon.
It seems I heard somewhere that Yamaha was either installing as original equipment, or after market, powersteering on the big Rhino, a 900cc I think it is. Mines just a little 450.:tiphat::beer::beer:

Erik

Yammer just came out with a 550 electric power steering to go with their 700eps.
don't know if they have a 900eps yet or not.