Mahindra 15 series (3215) rear diff lock schematic or picture?

whitravis

Bought very used and abused 3215. The differential pedal on my tractor attaches to NOTHING. It passes through the panel, and that's it. I REALLY need diff lock. I have the schematic from the online repair manual, but apparently need to ingest a psychoactive substance to interpret it. Anyone have pics and/or verbal description of what linkage to look for? I suspect a part is missing.

whitravis

Bought very used and abused 3215. The differential pedal on my tractor attaches to NOTHING. It passes through the panel, and that's it. I REALLY need diff lock. I have the schematic from the online repair manual, but apparently need to ingest a psychoactive substance to interpret it. Anyone have pics and/or verbal description of what linkage to look for? I suspect a part is missing.
Adding: on this tractor, the diff lock "pedal" is a 1/2" diameter metal rod, curved, just above the floor to the right of seat pedestal.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds like the previous owner may have been trying to depress the diff lock while the tractor is moving. You must be stopped with the clutch in before pressing the pedal. If you have a hydro tranny, make sure it's in neutral. You also have to keep your foot on the pedal to keep it engaged. When you release the diff pedal, it disengages.

There's a couple things it can be.
First is linkage review and adjustment. It's a 2-person job. One to depress the pedal, the other to follow the linkage.

There's the actual diff lock mechanism. If the previous owner was engaging the diff lock when the tractor was moving, it may have rounded off one half of that mechanism. Anticipating drivers goofing up and engaging it inappropriately, one half of that gear is soft steel and it absorbs the wear. The other half is hard and is the actual gear to engage. That soft steel part is kind of a throw-away and as I understand is cheap and easy to replace. Since you have the schematic or if you have a dealer around, you should be able to locate that part and get an idea of how to replace.

whitravis

My problem is that these IS no linkage, so am needing to know what to look for, order, etc. THIS is what the schematic looks like: not much help
to me, a non-engineer.
1692578644144.png