Joined the Green Team

jwstewar

Staff member
Well after being on Team Blue for 17 years I sold my little New Holland in 2020 and bought a Kubota L3301. After a little less than 3 years of ownership I traded the Kubota for a new John Deere 3039r. It goes along with the little LT150 that I picked up for a steal last year from a co-worker because he couldn't get it to start.

I had the Deere setup for a 3rd function on the front for a hopefully soon to come manure fork with a grapple. I also had them convert the loader from the Deere Hook & Pin system over to a SSQA with an over-sized bucket. It has a large capacity 72" bucket. Rear tires came loaded with John Deere anti-freeze. I didn't find that out until I took it to the tire shop on Monday to have Rimguard put in the rear tires.

I started looking in January and they had 3 of the 3039rs here in Ohio but none had the ag tires so I decided to hold off. Well, the last time we cleaned the barn out that got us to wanting the manure fork that much more. So I decided to proceed with the deal. Unfortunately, by then they had sold all of the ones here in Ohio and weren't expecting any more in this year. They then found me one down in South Carolina. So my wife and I left the house at about 5:00 AM the Monday before Memorial Day and drove to SC and picked it up and drove back home - stopping at every Lowes and Wal-mart it seemed looking for different flowers, LOL. We managed to make it home by 11:00. The only thing is, this tractor came with the iMatch and the canopy - neither of which I wanted. I tried to like the iMatch, but just didn't grow to like it. I ended up taking it off on Saturday and putting my Pat's Easy Change on it that I took off the Kubota. I also lowered the canopy about 2". Jury is still out if it will get to stay on the tractor or not.

I ordered some waterproof switches that I can put in the side slots for the work lights. They will be powered by the factory wire harness and switch, but I can then choose front/rear/both.

On paper, this dear doesn't really out spec the Kubota by much, but in real life use, it eats the Kubota alive. And the other thing, I don't have to listen to the Kubota hydrostatic whine any more. When I had the Kubota I never knew why people complained about hydrostatic whine as the New Holland you could barely hear. Once I got the Kubota, I found out. The dear is so much quieter than the Kubota, runs smoother, and turns sharper. Now, I will say, I think the Kubota had a little better fit/finish on the loader arms assembly.

Attachments

• 20230523_081317.jpg
    20230523_081317.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230528_164742.jpg
    20230528_164742.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230529_183121.jpg
    20230529_183121.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230612_203138.jpg
    20230612_203138.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230612_210351.jpg
    20230612_210351.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. Looks great.
I always wanted to go 'green' but they were so darn much more than the Kubota equivalent back when I was shopping that I went orange. Orange has done me well so have not shopped green or anything else for 21 years now.

ItBmine

Nice tractor. I like all the major brands. But I do agree on one point.....while my Kubota's have been absolutely trouble free, their tractor transmissions whine like crazy. Yet my RTV has no whine.

So the NH and Deere are quieter?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend of mine has the JD 4052. It does have a bit of a whine, more so when it's in reverse.

ItBmine

A friend of mine has the JD 4052. It does have a bit of a whine, more so when it's in reverse.
Kubota has no awareness of sound levels. Just like how the RTV-X1100C brochure brags about how quiet the cab is. LOL