Can't find cooling fan relay 2011 RTV1100C. Found diagram with no names.

Dragon Leg

Hi, I found a box of relays just above a box of fuses, but there's no cover on my relay box so I don't know what is what. My radiator fan isn't turning on, leading to boiling water out of the radiator overflow bottle. I took the fan out and thoroughly cleaned the radiator, and I tested the fan with a battery, and it ran great.

Clearly, power isn't getting to the fan when it needs to. I'd like to test the relay if I knew which one it was, and I'd like to test the thermostat switch which looks like it's on the thermostat housing.

This thing is totaled from when it hopped out of reverse and took off down a hill, ultimately hitting a literal ironwood tree and smashing the frame, hood, blew the windshield and driver's side window out, etc. It still runs, and I almost got the wheels straight again before it ran out of adjustment, so it drives around like a pretty handy wheelbarrow, but isn't worth investing a lot of money into.

I might just rig up my own relay so the fan is on anytime the ignition is on. If anyone can point me to a "hot when running" circuit I could tap a relay onto, and I'll get power directly from the battery. That's if I can't find a cheap fix for what's wrong with the fan.

Thank you in advance!

Dragon Leg

See if this helps.
Update: I can see numbers next to the relays, so if this diagram is the same for my year, it tells me which one. However, I put a paperclip in the connector for the temperature sender (on the thermostat housing), and the fan comes on anytime the ignition is on. That's perfect, because I can use it this way long term or I can replace that sender.

Dragon Leg

Confession for the benefit of others: I just now noticed the belt missing for the alternator. It's broken and laying down in the bottom. My lights and instrument cluster were destroyed in the crash, so there's no warning lights and apparently not much battery drain. I'm impressed the battery hasn't died yet, I guess I haven't started it too many times since the overheating started.

I have a theory that the water pump is also driven by that belt, and without water circulating, the sensor might not be able to read in order to turn on the cooling fan. I have the fan on all the time now, and it still overheated in short order. I suspect I will be able to plug the sensor back on once I get the water pump spinning again.

I will probably try to get to the Kubota dealer today and pick up antifreeze and both belts because I don't know if the other one is about to go.