Yanmar Tractor Seat and Seat Swivel Option

bmaverick

I relocated the newer tractor seat in the shop area. Found the mounting plate for it too.
The seat is a Marine seat. Most of the Marine seats are UV ray protected in the materials used.

Many of the tractor replacement seats no-long come with UV grade material. When you buy these new seats for $150 to $200, they are only good for 5 years now. So frustrating.

Last summer, I picked this up at a yard sale for $15. It was never used. My current seat is coming apart now too quickly. I've waited an extra year so as to extend the life of the replacement.

The seat also has a bottom swivel. I have to set it to 30 degrees rotation.

20230618_113127.jpg

On some of the more plush Yanmar models, there is a seat swivel for 30 degrees. This saves your neck from turning around and looking back so much. Below is the OE mounting my machine does not have. So I need a durable plate to simulate this.

YM2310 seat mount - catalog page_493760142.jpg

YM1810D-YM2310 swival seat.jpg

bmaverick

More details,

boat_seat_swivel_mount.jpg
Boat Seat swivel is designed for permanent seat attachment.
Black finished, Heavy duty powder coated steel.
Swivels 360-degrees ball bearing
Self-lubricated, non-corrosive, poly swivel bearing heavily plated steel to resist corrosion
Perfect for marines seats or barstool or your DIY chair projects.
Mounting screws are not included

mount diensions.jpg

Its universal 4-1/2" to 6" hole pattern design fits most seats.
7" x 7" x 7/8" thick
The Yanmar swivel is like the boat seat system. Just why is this? Yanmar is huge in sail boats and sail crafts. Bringing this over to their Ag world is a plush option.

platform swivel.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like it!
If I understand correctly, you're going with the universal 360° swivel, not the OEM VTS-PCB*, correct?
How do you control the swivel on the 360° plate so it's not trying to swivel all the time?

bmaverick

I like it!
If I understand correctly, you're going with the universal 360° swivel, not the OEM VTS-PCB*, correct?
How do you control the swivel on the 360° plate so it's not trying to swivel all the time?
The Yanmar OE setup uses something like the VTS. My machine can't adopt it due to space requirements.

I have a seat plate from a salvaged zero-turn. I'll be using the plate to mount to the tractor and the swivel to the top of the plate. Then bolt the seat to the swivel.

To control the 360 sit-n-spin in circles, there are punch tabs in the WISE seat swivel to act as stops when they are bent. This way I can get 15 degree turn to the right and left, making the full 30 degrees.

bmaverick

Oh, I can also punch a hole into the swivel plate and place a lock-pin to prevent the swivel action it needed. A spring loaded pin can work really well.

bmaverick

My present seat is without a plate. I now have the zero-turn plate to make it into the right size.

I noticed some of the Deere CUYs have a plate too. Much like the Yanmar YM series with the swivel seats.

Once I have something like this plate, I can rearrange the flip option and add the swivel ability.

deere plate.JPG